SORRY IT HAS BEEN SO LONG

I know I have been a terrible blogger. Not that many people stop by here anyway. So, for myself, I am going to document some happenings lately.

Friday, January 9th I received a call that my dad was really bad in the hospital and that I should come home right away. I arrived at the hospital in Oklahoma City at 4:00 p.m. My dad was still hanging on. One of my sisters and one of my brothers had been there with him. We all stayed by his side all night long. At 11:00 a.m. Saturday, January 10, my dad joined my mom in heaven. I miss him so terribly. I still can't believe he is gone.

I remained in Oklahoma City for the full week to help with arrangements for the funeral, etc. It was great being with family and having all that love surrounding me. I miss my family too. It is hard being so far away from all of them.

It was so hard coming home, but I missed my husband and kids. I knew they needed me and I them.

After returning home, my husband celebrated my birthday with me (my father passed on my birthday). We went out to lunch, did some shopping and then he took me out for drinks and to dinner. We had a great time.

Now, I am just adjusting to being back at our business and getting back to a routine. It seems, however, that at every turn there are memories of my dad from when he visited us. I just can't even begin to say how much I miss him.

Daddy, I love you a bushel and a peck, a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck!

Your Nickaleena.

Comments