Long time no post!

Thought it was time to bring my blog up to date. I am not promising that I will be successful, but I am going to give it a try. So much has happened since the last posting a few years ago. So where do I begin.

My husband and I no longer own our own business. We finally had enough and decided to sell and venture out into something new. I secured a position with the City of Ringgold, Georgia where I have the position of City Clerk, Executive Administrative Assistant, Election Superintendent and any other hat I need to wear at the time. I love my job and most of all I love the people I work with. My husband went to work for Capital Toyota where he works as a Service Writer. Sure is a big change from owning our own business, but sure has a lot less stress, and we can take vacations without getting phone calls 24/7.

We lost our son February 2015. Don't think that is something that I will ever get used to saying. I still have not wrapped my head around it, and it still doesn't seem real. He was living out of state, so it just feels like he is still there, even though I know in my heart he is not. I miss him terribly, and hoping one day to have some closure and understanding, but I don't think that will happen either.

My youngest daughter has now graduated from high school and is getting ready to graduate and become an aesthetician. I am very proud of her and hope that she will have lots of success. My oldest daughter owns her own bakery in Nashville called Nashville Sweets. She is incredibly talented, and makes amazing cupcakes, cake pops, cakes, cookies, scones, macarons...everything is fabulous.

I am not making as much jewelry as I used to. I am now addicted to knitting and have completed 4 sweaters and about to finish my 5th. So therapeutic.

We added a pool in our backyard and got rid of our boats. What a great decision. Just wish we would have done this when the kids were small. We enjoy it so much. It is very relaxing, and even if we are not swimming or sunning, it is wonderful to just sit out there and listen to the water. It is just a little slice of paradise for me.

I think that pretty much brings everything up to date. No, that is not so. We lost my brother-in-law to Alzheimer's Disease October 12, 2016. So sad, but happy he didn't suffer any longer.

Signing out, and hopefully I will add more to this site than I did in prior years. If you are reading this, thanks. If you are not...well.....

Comments