FAMILY NIGHT


Last night our family had family night. What a great time we had. We used to do this before, but everyone seemed to have so many other plans that no one would be here for family night. Our son is in sports, my daughter in dance...so it is hard coordinating. However, we are giving it another go.

Last night our family night began at 5:30. We cooked supper for all, stir fry teriyaki chicken, and sat down to the table for good food and great conversation. The conversations some how lead to "sex education" classes the kids have had at school. Somehow it lead to "protection", and my husband said do you know what we are talking about? to my daughter. She responded, yea, compounds! I thought we were going to fall out of our chairs laughing. Such innocence....it is so wonderful to see that in my daughter.

After dinner we sat down for a game of "Win, Lose or Draw". We had so much fun. There was a lot of loud voices trying to guess what we were drawing, lots of laughter, and tons of fun. Then we decided we would play charades when we finished our other game. It was hilarious. We decided we would use the cards out of the "Win, Lose or Draw" game. It was rather hard. My daughter had a harder time with it all....I don't believe she has ever played charades! Isn't that sad?! I had to act out things like "heart and soul". Now, heart is easy...but soul...that is a little harder to convey. However, I must of done okay, because my son guessed it! Then my son got one "Where there's a will there's a way". Now, how the heck do you do that one? Needless to say, none of us guessed that one!

Then we all went outside to see the lunar eclipse. It was too cloudy, so we couldn't see it very well, but we tried. The kids thanked us for planning a lunar eclipse on family night! LOL

I think this family night thing was a hit, and I believe we will be going to another round next week. I am just glad that we all got to spend time together and enjoy each other. I look forward to next week!

Comments