Nutcracker Weekend

Wow, Christmas is just around the corner. Are you ready? I am not. Every year I say I am going to be done with shopping prior to Christmas, and every year I am not! I have to say that I am about finished...I guess I need to do that this weekend sometime. I don't know when exactly. Especially when Friday night my daughter has dress rehearsal for the Nutcracker, Saturday at 7:30 p.m. is the first performance, Sunday at 2:30 is the second performance, and Monday she has two more performances! I am going to be really sick of the Nutcracker before the weekend is even over. So, let's see if I can squeeze in some shopping...probably not. I may have to take a day off next week to finish up.

Speaking of the Nutcracker, my daughter is very excited because this year she is in the party scene. That is a big deal to her. She is going to look adorable. Which reminds me that I have to wrap a box for her to put a doll in for the show...all the "party" girls get a "gift" which holds a doll they bring from home...so I have to find her American Girl box and wrap it so she can put her doll in it. They then do a dance with their dolls. It is really cute.

I found out today that my husband's parents and brother are coming out right after Christmas to spend some time with us. That should be a lot of fun. I really enjoy his family. His parents are the absolute best...I love them very much. My mother-in-law has been a Godsend to me...she helps fill some of the void I have had since my mother passed.

It is going to be a strange Christmas without my mother being here. I will be glad when all the "firsts" are over...the first Mother's Day without her, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. I believe we are almost finished with the firsts. March 4 will be one year since she passed...it seems like it was just a couple of months ago. I still miss her very much; I'm sure I always will.

My daughter was home sick yesterday...then I talked with my oldest daughter and she had just picked up her oldest son from school because he was sick....strep! We were at their house this past weekend...so I hope we don't get it! Not to mention her little one was sick the last day we were there. I'm not feeling the best today and neither is my husband....Great! Not to mention, I have so much yet to do with Christmas coming...shopping, baking, wrapping...AAGGHHH! Bah Humbug.

Guess I should get to work...considering I have to leave for home in 15 minutes.

Later

Comments