Weekend is Coming

and I can't wait. I can't wait to sleep in. I keep feeling like my body is trying to catch a cold...I sure hope I don't however.

Tuesday after school my daughter came home and told me that the teachers from her elementary were working at our local McDonalds to earn money for their school. So, she wanted to go eat at McDonalds that night. Not that I was real excited about McDonalds for supper, I agreed to go. My husband and son didn't want to go, so my daughter and I jumped in the car and headed out of the neighborhood. As we were about to leave the neighborhood I had a thought to call my friend Stephanie to see if she and her girls would like to come along. I'm sure glad I called...they came a long and we had a great time. McDonalds was PACKED! They had face painting and they were giving away Parfaits ( I love those things)! We had a nice time visiting and being silly. Her girls are so much fun. My daughter got her face painted before we left.

I am sure going to miss being able to do things like this...just being able to call Stephanie up, jump in the car and go somewhere. I can't believe she is moving 2 hours away from me. It is going to be a really tough transition for me. I have never had a friend like her in my life, and I don't believe there will ever be another one like her...I really don't want another one like her...she is one in a million, and once in a lifetime! She is like my angel on earth. She has gotten me through tough times and shared in my happy times. She has just been a true friend, which is so hard to find these days.

I have been trying to work diligently on getting crafts and cards made up to sell at my office before Christmas. I hope it will go over well. It would be great to make a little extra money for Christmas. I guess I will try it and find out. I will be selling cards, gift tags, tiles, albums and other gift items. I have a lot to get done...so I have to get going on everything.

I am so looking forward to the weekend though. Don't get me wrong - I adore my children. However, I do look forward to every other week when they go to their parents. It gives my husband and I time alone. We never had that since we already had our children when we got married. So, we never got to have that time for just the two of us before kids came along. I enjoy our alone time. I enjoy my time with my kids as well...I hope I don't sound like a terrible mom saying that!

Time to get back to work....

Comments