Long time not talkie!

Wow, I just noticed that it had been a long time since I blogged! Shame on me. Life has been quite hectic...My dad came to Nashville around the middle of September. My husband and I drove to Nashville and attended his Navy Reunion. It was really awesome. Not too many people left from his aircraft carrier the USS Nassau CVE19. After the reunion we drove him back to our home in Chattanooga. We had an amazing time.

Dad came to work with us everyday. He helped my husband deliver golf carts all over. He got to see some great scenery, not to mention help the time pass quickly. We were able to take him out to the lake out in our boat and we took him down the Tennessee River through downtown Chattanooga. We also took him to Myrtle Beach where my husband's parents live. My husband, my dad, my daughter and I drove down on a Friday night, then my husband had to drive back on Sunday. My dad and my daughter and I stayed behind in my in-laws condo on the beach. My dad had never seen the Atlantic Ocean. So that was cool to share that with him. He had a great time; I had a great time. We stayed there until Thursday, rented a car and drove home.

I just took him to the airport yesterday for him to go home. He left out of Nashville. I am missing him tremendously. He was such a joy to have around. I think I smiled the whole time he was here. I enjoyed spoiling him and hugging him! I am having major withdrawals with him not being here. I am looking forward to our next visit.

I will post some pics of my dad's visit...they are stored on my other computer...but I will upload some.

Now, we are just gearing up for Halloween. I hope to go out this weekend and buy some decorations for the front of our house. We normally don't decorate much because we are usually out taking the kids trick or treating...but this year one of us may stay at home and hand out candy.

Hopefully there won't be such a large gap in my posting. I will try to do better.

Comments