Where Does the Time Go?

It has been a long time since I have come to my blog. It seems life has been so hectic that I never have time to sit down and write.

So, let's see what has happened since the last time I wrote. My daughter's husband lost his mother in April. She had liver cancer. She was a wonderful woman...she always had a smile on her face. She loved her three sons and husband very much. She never complained. I know she will be missed by so many.

My son is in Washington, DC. He is on a week-long field trip with his school. They are doing all sorts of fun things. They have gone to Arlington Cemetary, The Smithsonian, President's Park, Williamsburg, and on Friday they are going to Busch Gardens all day. He is having an amazing time. I am glad he had the opportunity to be a part of this.

I recently went to the doctor and found out that I have tested positive for the RA factor, which means I have rheumatoid arthritis. I have had a little joint pain off and on in my fingers. Nothing that was unmanageable. I have an appointment with a rheumatologist in June to see what my treatment may be. I am not opting for conventional treatment. So many of those drugs are so toxic to your system...I am hoping for a more natural course of treatment. I guess we will see once I meet with her. It rather bums me out that this is what my future is holding...but then, I know it could be a lot worse.

We had an opportunity to go out in our boat a couple weeks ago. It was really nice. It was one of the rare days we have had sun. We have had rain almost every day! The lake was beautiful. The water is still very cold, but the sunshine was wonderful. My youngest daughter went with us and had a great time.

This Sunday is Mother's Day. I hope all of you mothers out there have a wonderful day.

Comments

Robyn said…
Hi there!!

Thanks for leaving me a comment on my blog. I am in Edmond! We love it here!

Have a great week!
Robyn