Out with the old year and in with the New Year

Well the holidays are over....yeah (Bah hum bug). I am really not a scrooge, just glad all the hustle and bustle is over...it can get a little overwhelming at times. However, we did have a wonderful holiday season.

We began with my oldest daughter, her husband and two sons came the weekend before Christmas. It was nice getting to spend Christmas with them...we don't get to do that very often. We all opened our presents from each other. I always know that my daughter is good for a Starbucks card! So I always know I am going to get some FREE coffee and pastries! YEAH! (Not to mention I got two more Starbucks gift cards from my other two kids) I will be getting free Starbucks for at least a couple of months. Can't get better than that! My oldest helped with some of the wrapping, and dowloaded over 300 songs on my new IPod. I still haven't gotten to the end of all my songs...it may take a while. Thanks sweetie! The bad note is that as their visit was coming to an end, my daughter started to not feel well. After she arrived home and a couple days passed, she found that she had strep throat. Bummer.

My step-son is not getting to spend Christmas with us this year....don't ask...so we let him and my youngest daughter open one of their big presents on the 19th - he got an X-Box 360 and she got a Wii. That way it gave them some time to play with them before he left and before my daughter went to her dads Christmas afternoon. Then we also let them open their other big present while my oldest daughter and her family were here - they both got a cell phone. It was funny because my oldest suggested we call the phones while they were opening their package. Plus she wrapped them and put them in a box, in a box, in a box...so they had to go through a lot to get to them. The only problem is they had no idea what it was that was making the noise, since it was playing a song and not just a ring. They were SO EXCITED!

Then on Christmas eve my husband, youngest daughter, and I opened presents that were from my husband's sister, and family. Then we retired early...because Santa was on his way. The next morning we opened presents, and my daughter was so excited because Santa brought her the American Girl doll Julie. She got all kinds of stuff. My husband and I just give each other money then we go buy the things we want...so I bought a Silhouette die cutting machine, a Bind-it-all, Uggs, and and IPod. So, I got everything I wanted for Christmas.

It was a really nice Christmas, but it was missing a couple of things...our son and my mom. I had bouts of emotion while driving my daughter to her a dad...a combination of hating not having my daughter with me until after the 1st of the year and my mom not being around this Christmas. My mom loved this time of year...not so much the receiving gifts part but the buying gifts. She just loved it! I miss her terribly!

My dad sent my husband and I a $60.00 gift certificate...so we decided to use it a go out to eat after work - since we are temporarily childless. We had a nice time...we went to the Outback and shared some good food and great drinks!

Now it is back to work and back to every-day stuff, which isn't all bad. My husband's parents are on their way here...so we will have a little more Christmas tonight. We are looking forward to seeing them. They will be staying until Sunday. Then we will be picking up our kids. I am looking forward to them coming home...it so quiet when they are gone.

I still plan on uploading a bunch of pics, not to mention a new banner that my daughter did. She is so talented! So keep checking back so you can see my pretty new banner.

See ya later.

Comments